Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Safeway Rewards

Safeway is offering 70 cents per gallon in its gas rewards program this week if you spend $100 in one shopping trip(not hard to do). Definitely worth taking advantage of. I've used the gas rewards discount at the Chevron right across from Crossroads, and at the one in Morgan Hill just off the highway. The machine at the pump is never able to read my Rewards card when I swipe it though, I always have to enter my phone number. On the way to Safeway, at the Hwy 1/Rio Road intersection by Crossroads Mall, there was a panhandler with a cardboard sign at the side of the road. Instead of the usual request for money, his sign read...."Bet you can't hit me with a quarter". A novel approach, I'll give him that. Though if he really is homeless and hungry, it's more than a bit sad that he would be willing to have people throw quarters at him and then scramble around looking for them in the dirt just to get food.

No comments :

Post a Comment